Reasoning – 7
1. The town of Paranda is located on Green Lake. The town of Akram is west of Paranda. Kakran is east of Bopri but west of Tokhada and Akram. If they are all on the same district, which town is the farthest west?
(a) Paranda (b) Kakran (c) Akram (d) Tokhada (e) Bopri
2. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and thus forms a group. Which one does not belong to the group?
(a) February (b) March (c) April (d) May (e) June
3. If A * B means ‘A is the mother of B’ and A x B means ‘A is the husband of B’ which of the following show ‘P is the father of Q’?
(a) Q * M x P (b) P * Q (c) Q * P (d) P x M * Q (e) None of these
4. A bus from Mumbai leaves every forty minutes from a bus stand. An enquiry clerk told a passenger that the bus had already left ten minutes ago, and the next bus would leave at 9.45 a.m. At what time did the enquiry clerk give this information to the passenger?
(a) 9.05 a.m. (b) 9.35 a.m. (c) 8.55 a.m. (d) 9.15 a.m. (e) 9.25 a.m.
5. In a row of girls, if Seeta who is 10th from the left and Lima who is 7th from the right interchange their seats, Seeta becomes 15th from the left. How many girls are there in the row?
(a) 17 (b) 20 (c) 22 (d) 25 (e) None of these
6. In the following series, how many numbers of 5 that is not preceded by 3 but is immediately followed by 7 are there?
1 5 7 3 5 7 4 7 3 7 2 5 6 5 7 5 7 4 5 6 3 5 7
(a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4 (e) 5
7. In a certain code ‘JUDICIAL’ is written as ‘LADICIUJ’. How is ‘GLORIOUS’ written in that code?
(a) GLOIROUS (b) USDRIOGL (c) SOUIROLG (d) LGORIOSU (e) None of these
8. In a telephone directory which of the following names will appear in the middle?
(a) Rajratnam (b) Rajrathanam (c) Rajrathnam (d) Rajratanam (e) Raajrathnam
9. Words are arranged alphabetically in a dictionary because:
(a) It is the simplest method
(b) It is the practice
(c) It enables finding any word quickly
(d) It makes for ease in printing
(e) It saves space by avoiding repetition
10. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
(a) Beam (b) Column (c) House (d) Roof (e) Wall
11. Which of the following must a ‘Drama’ have?
(a) Actor (b) Story (c) Director (d) Sets (e) Spectators
12. If orange is called butter, butter is called soap, soap is called ink, ink is called honey, and honey is called orange, which of the following is used for washing clothes?
(a) Honey (b) Butter (c) Orange (d) Soap (e) None of these
13. Disease is related to Pathology in the same way as Planet is related to?
(a) Sun (b) Satellite (c) Astrology (d) Astronomy (e) Orbit
14. If South-East becomes North, North-East become West and so on what will West become?
(a) North-East (b) North-West (c) South-East (d) South-West (e) South
15. If ‘+’ means ‘minus’, ‘-‘ means ‘multiplied’ by, ‘/’ means ‘plus’ and ‘x’ means ‘divided’ by then
10 x 5 /3 – 2 + 3 = ?
(a) -26/16 (b) 5 (c) 7 (d) 172/3 (e) None of these
1. (e) 2. (a) 3. (d) 4. (d) 5. (e) Ans: 21
6. (c) 7. (e) Ans: SUORIOLG 8. (b) 9. (c)
10. (c) 11. (b) 12. (e) 13. (d) 14. (c)